You know you’ll find me in pink-themed places. So when I saw this new milk tea shop in Maginhawa on Facebook and I happened to go somewhere near there, I called for backup.
How to Go to Sakura Hanami
I’m not sure of the easiest way to go there, but I found two options (besides booking a Grab) if you’re coming from Cainta, Taytay, or Antipolo:
- Ride a jeep going to Crossing Ilalim.
- Tell the driver to drop you off at Shangri La Plaza (or Crossing).
- Walk toward the correct loading bay and ride a bus going to SM Fairview.
- Tell the driver to drop you off at Philcoa.
- Walk a bit toward the tricycle terminal.
- Ride a red tricycle (Php 25) and tell the driver to drop you off at 168 Maginhawa.
- Marcos Highway
- Ride a jeep going to Cubao.
- Tell the driver to drop you off at Katipunan (landmark is Petron).
- Ride a UP Campus jeep (minimum fare).
- Go down at Shopping Center.
- Ride an Ikot jeep (minimum fare) and tell the driver to drop you off at Krus na Ligas.
- .Ride a tricycle and tell the driver to drop you off at 168 Maginhawa.
What to Expect in Sakura Hanami
Sakura Hanami just opened last June 28, so it’s relatively new. Outside, you’ll immediately be greeted by an imitation of a cherry blossom tree. So if you’re looking for another instagrammable place for your feed, then try Sakura Hanami (it’s a bonus if you’re a milk tea lover).
Their wall and ceiling are filled with paper flowers, their seats decorated with pink. A huge mirror on the other side of their aesthetic wall gives off an illusion of space.
I don’t usually take pictures of comfort rooms, but I made an exception for this. They have bidet, by the way.
What to Drink in Sakura Hanami
Bad news is . . . they don’t have food yet; they only serve milk tea. I went for their red velvet cheesecake milk tea (Php 140) just to be safe, and I regretted that I didn’t order one of their bestsellers as I’ve heard good reviews about them. Mine was an 8/10.
They don’t have small and medium sizes. Note that their extra-large is one liter, so if you’re coming with a full stomach, reconsider your choices.
Click here for their menu.
168 Maginhawa, Diliman, Quezon City