Ang Larawan is a film with a vision. A star-studded film. A refreshing musical.
- I hope that we would patronize our own musicals as much as we look forward to see La La Land and Pitch Perfect.
- The acting was superb. Really, really superb. Who would argue against Ms. Joanna Ampil’s win?
- Look out for the cameos.
- Metaphors were used well, and one must look deeper to understand them.
- Some of the slow-mos were awkward though.
- Who would have thought that “Umiiyak ka ba?” would be the funniest line in a movie?
- All gave me goosebumps, but my favorite would be the last “Kay Sarap Ng Buhay Nu’ng Araw,” a duet by Rachel Alejandro and Joanna Ampil.
Please watch Ang Larawan while it’s still in cinemas.