I am not a Star Wars fan, just so you know (but I am a moviegoer). I know I already watched 1, 2, and 3 (which I barely remember now except Natalie Portman’s portrayal of Amidala) in VCDs bought by my father, but I’m not that enthusiastic to watch 4, 5, and 6 then. Anyway, after Star Wars 7, I decided to watch them.
Best of them all was still Rogue One (which was even a side story of the Star Wars series).
Warning: Intense spoiler alert. Please only read my comments below if (1) you’re the kind who’s okay with spoilers and (2) you’ve watched the film already.
- The porgs . . . I wish they had more screen time.
- I was happy with BB-8’s screen time. Such a cute droid!
- Kylo Ren’s appearance reminded me of Snape so much.
- Speaking of Kylo Ren, I honestly think he had the best character development in the film.
- I don’t like the shipping couples in Star Wars. Please maintain their friendships. I’m not sure what to feel with the (seemingly) birth of a love triangle between Rose, Finn, and Rey. (But as I think of it, Darth Vader wouldn’t even be born if it weren’t for his relationship with Amidala.) Let’s all be careful which ship to sail.
- Part of me hypothesized that Kylo Ren and Rey were twins because they were “connected by the force,” just like Leia and Luke. But no.
- Whatever happened to the code breaker? Did he die along with the others?
- The humor was dry, but I still find it funny. (Hux and Kylo Ren scenes, Leia’s “I changed my hair,” and Luke’s “Are you joking with me?” face.)
- I’ll miss Carrie Fisher as Leia for sure.
- I’m excited to know who Rey’s parents are. I am one with the Rey Kenobi theory. Haha.
Also . . . “He didn’t die. He was just one with the force,” said many Star Wars geeks.