Warning: Spoiler alert.
I only have a few comments for Thor: Ragnarok since I already lost the momentum after suspending my reaction for a week. Overall, it was a good action – comedy – fantasy – sci fi movie. My father even liked it even though he was not able to watch Thor and Thor: The Dark World.
- Look at those posters. I can’t even choose which one to include in this blog.
- Was Thor really that funny?
- Doctor Strange got my ovaries exploding. He’s the epitome of coolness.
- I don’t know what to feel about Loki being humorous. In The Avengers and Thor, he portrayed a mischievous and ambitious—not to mention sexy—villain. Of course I understand how he got weaker for every new film since a more powerful villain shows up. Maybe I’m not used to seeing a funny Loki, but I must admit, it was refreshing.
- Cate Blanchett was perfect for Hela. Although some Marvel geeks might question her origins in the film. I have quite accepted that Marvel family trees are changed in the movies.
- Hela was one hell of a villain. What do we expect from the goddess of death? She killed it. And again, I say, Cate portrayed Hela’s role really well.
- Maybe I liked her because of Fenris. You know, an effective villain plus a wolf . . . definitely adorable.
- Although he only said a few lines, Idris Elba is effective as Heimdall.
- My favorite scene in terms of aesthetics was Valkyrians fighting Hela. That scene is so pleasing to the eyes.
- Funniest lines in the movie are stated by Loki. “I’ve been falling . . . for . . . thirty . . . minutes!” and “Yes! That’s how it feels!”