If you enjoy action-comedy movies like I do, Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle is a must-watch. I enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed the first film.
Warning: Spoiler alert. Read this if you’ve watched it already, and see where you agree or not.
- Everyone is still amazing as they are.
- Channing Tatum dancing is life.
- Harry, though he lacked the fighting skills I wished to see here, was still impressive as he is. Never did I doubt his brain.
- I’m so sad about the other Kingsman members though, especially JB. I find Eggsy’s reaction toward Merlin very realistic.
- I actually hoped Merlin would be the next Ginger, and Ginger would be the next Whiskey.
- Best cameo of the year goes to Elton John.
Plot, scenes, and dialogues:
- Did they research on the Philippines? The “war on drugs” is a very timely issue. My, oh my, Filipinos should watch this.
- “I’m never gonna touch that!” Did the director want to imply that drug users can change? It’s obvious, but people tend to forget it.
- Holding a cute pup is the answer to everything. I love, love this scene so much.
- Merlin didn’t deserve it. I adore his loyalty and commitment. He was always the one to remind Eggsy about sticking to the mission and reserving his emotions for later. We all need a Merlin in our lives.
- I didn’t wish that for Whiskey, but I guess the film calls for it.
- Ethics and moral issues make a film more interesting. I never would have thought that I would see a different take to “would you have sex with another person to save the world even when you’re in a relationship?” here. Good decision, though.